TGSA is looking to hire a Chief Returning Officer/Secretary to serve as a non-voting member of its board. The position would begin November 1st, 2016 and continue until April 30th, 2017. TST students interested in gaining further academic service experience (and CV lines!) should consider applying for the role.
- Attend regular meetings of the TGSA board; take minutes (2 hours/month)
- Attend extraordinary board meetings; take minutes (as needed, rare)
- Chair meetings of the referendum committee (Nov – Feb, 2 – 3 hours/month)
- Oversee the board’s nomination and (if needed) election process (Mar – Apr, <6 hours)
- Prepare reports on referendum and election results to the board
- Meet occasionally with TGSA President and/or Executive (as needed, 1 hour/month)
- Currently enrolled at one of TST member colleges (any degree program)
- Strong administrative competency
TGSA is offering a honorarium of $150 payable in April 2017 as a token of our gratitude for the contributions of the CRO/Secretary. Interested students should contact TGSA’s president, Allison Murray, by Monday October 31st at 5:00pm, via tgsa[at]utoronto.ca. Please include your name, current college and program of study, and a brief description of your qualifications (including any past administrative and/or board experience, if applicable).